Creativity is defined as the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work. Creativity is crucial for leaders, business owners, artists, designers, well pretty much everyone. So how exactly do we tap into our creative power?
Here are six ideas to help your creativity when you’re in a slump.
- Keep a journal, writing helps us express ourselves.
- Whether you are good or not try this exercise.
- Spend time outside. Something about nature just brings out the creative power in us. Take a journal or sketch pad with you and get to creating.
- Get moving. This study shows how people who exercise regularly do better on creative tests as opposed to their sedentary counterparts.
- Remember to play. Have you ever wondered how kids can have such a wild imagination? It’s because they are always playing, always figuring out new ways to use their toys.
- Be a lifelong learner. Never stop learning.
Want a quick exercise to tap into your creativity in 3 minutes?
Head over to this website where they have a printable 3-minute creativity exercise, that will help you when you’re in a slump.