Cellphones are here to stay and mobile computing is no longer limited to a heavy laptop. Tablets are king when it comes to working on the go. The tech devices in your life have their own special ecosystem. Ensure your devices are working for you, and not the other way around with these tips.
- Stay in Sync – If you are using a smart phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, or any combination of these, YOU NEED TO BE IN SYNC! Apple products sync via “iCloud” and share data between connected devices on the same account. I personally like Google Drive.
- Embrace the Cloud – All of your info (Contacts, calendars, emails), on all of your devices, all of the time. Never again be without that one file that your client needs ASAP. Again, Google Drive. (I'm not obsessed!)
- Get a Multipurpose Case – Choose a case that protects your device, has extra functionality like a kickstand or extra battery pack, and shows off your personality or promotes you business.
- Array of Apps – Just as you would research a new laptop or a new car, research apps the same way. More than a million apps are in the Apple App Store. Not all of them are worthy of your time or money. Check out my App Guide Here.
- Stay Secure – Simply Put: All Apple Products – no extra apps or programs needed, Apple takes care of that for you! Windows Laptops, Desktops, Tablets: Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. Android Devices: Avast Mobile Security.
- Prepare to Collaborate – With the right Apps, you can run your entire business from your mobile phone or tablet. Make powerpoint presentations, take notes at a meeting with a client or at a networking event. Add business cards to your contacts in one step by taking a picture. Be sure to ask others what apps they use and why.
- Keyboards Matter – This goes back to #3 and #6. Bluetooth Keyboard cases are all the rage for busy professionals. Note taking has never been so easy and portable. Collaborating is even faster when you can type in your document while others edit it at the same time (check out Google Drive and Evernote for this capability).
The Bottom Line – Don’t let Mobility take over your life, or slip through your fingers. By making a few small adjustments your phone could help you cut down on the time it takes you to do normal and often mundane tasks with more ease and style than you could have imagined!